About Megan Wiles
Posts by Megan Wiles:
For auditions each student will sing 1 song (either in a group or alone, based on their preference). Music files are available below so students can practice prior to auditions.
Each music file starts with a vocal version, and ends with an instrumental version. The instrumental version will be used at auditions.
Recommended to audition for: Scar, Banzai, Shenzi, Ed
Recommended to audition for: Timon, Pumba
Recommended to audition for: Sarabi, Sarafina, Ensemble
Recommended to audition for: Zazu, Young Simba, Young Nala
Recommended to audition for: Nala
Recommended to audition for: Rafiki, Mufasa, Simba
March 8 – March 15
Curtis Theater in Brea
- Check the calendar for your child’s schedule, different roles may have to arrive at different times.
- Park in underground parking for the Curtis Theater and walk your child to the front of the theater to check them in, please be on time and wait with your child, DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR CHILD, you MUST walk them in for safety reasons.
- Send your child with a backpack with water, homework, books, activities, or simple games that are quiet, there will be down-time for most cast members
- NO Food or drinks other than water
- NO Electronics
- NO extra makeup in backpacks
- Make sure anything they bring is labeled with their name
- Cast members can be picked up by an adult at the front door of the theater at dismissal, please be on time
- Make sure kids are well fed and well rested before they arrive
- Before leaving home review appropriate theater behavior: listen to adults, be polite and helpful, use quiet “library voices” at all times, be kind to castmates, do your best on stage….and “break-a-leg”!
All cast members will be seated in the audience while not on stage, and will be able to view some of the play as it is rehearsed. Most cast members will receive a costume to take home at the end of the night.
- Send your child in comfortable street clothes, with a jacket in case the theater is cold
- Do NOT send your child in costume undergarments or costume
Dress Rehearsal & Performances
All cast members will be backstage in dressing rooms when not on stage.
- Send your child wearing costume undergarments and costume (if they received one)
- Cast members should arrive with hair and makeup complete for their role, as specified here. No need to bring additional makeup.
- Photographs are taken the night of dress rehearsal
Is this your child’s first year in the play? Want to know where they will spend performance week? Still have questions?
New parents are invited to attend a Curtis Theater Tour just prior to Tech Rehearsals during performance week.
Brandi BLT will meet interested parents in front of the Curtis Theater at scheduled times. The tour will include the following:
- Drop off procedure
- Lobby & Concession areas
- Back Stage Dressing room areas
- What to bring and not to bring
- Supervision information
- Theater rules
- What does volunteering “look like”
- Dismissal procedure
If you would like to participate in one of our tour opportunities please RSVP using the form below. Please arrive on time, or you may not be able to participate. Adults only please.